MARY BACKSTAYGE, NOBLE WIFE dominates, the storylines covering the discovery of buried treasure in the backyard [1 - 4] & adventures in Milan, performing opera at La Scala [5 -8].
Very satisfying variety of material between episodes.
1) MBNW: Calvin mows the lawn, property dispute / Mr. I-Know-Where-They-Are: Fernando the Magnificent, fire-walker / MBNW: Calvin finds a box / Mr.IKWTA: "Slammin' Sidney" Borcherding, miniature golfer / MBNW: Bs open the box & find treasure / Mr.IKWTA: Dr. Haven Dunlap, pioneer medical quack / MBNW: Should they keep the treasure? / B&R editorial: BNYBC's Naomi Glessbinder - changing NYC street names / MBNW: The treasure chest is missing!!
2) MBNW: Where is Pop Beloved? / suggestions for storylines / MBNW: Harry phones Pop's flat & talks to his landlord / Buddy Blodgett on the ferry boat "Nancy J" with Capt. Werner & his orchestra / MBNW: Pop returns, Calvin's wallet is missing, a stranger arrives / Search for Togetherness: rent increase & marriage plans / MBNW: Neil arrives & explains treasure chest promotion for House of Toast, Mary is missing!! / Gathering Dusk: Mr. Muspaugh, village guru & interpreter of the occult - Edna hears voices from beyond
3) MBNW: Bs discuss Neil's HOT treasure chest promotion / Mr. Science: heat expansion / MBNW: Mary gets a call, speculations / Hobby Hut: baseball stadium recreations / MBNW: prank call, Calvin suggests a pool / Charles, poet: "Once on a Cloud..." / Gathering Dusk: Mr. Haggedorn, village Earthquake Detection Center chief seismologist - Edna experiences tremors / MBNW: Mr. Fish
4) MBNW: Digging the pool / Unusual Occupations: racket-maker / MBNW: Greg arrives, no show planned / The painters are here, accident / MBNW" Greg thinks he's losing his touch / Hard Luck Stories: Town crier / SfT: Mr. Kincaid's extra bone / HLS: old car, Israeli tree
5) MBNW: Harry Jr. & Neil discuss opera, toast / clumsy studio audience member / MBNW: The Bs in Milan / Chester Hasbrouck Frisbee's problem / MBNW: The Bs take a sightseeing tour bus / audience interview: summer job / MBNW: The bus stops at La Scala, Calvin falls into fountain / Wally Ballou at Idlewild Airport: tuna promoter / MBNW: The Bs test La Scala's acoustics
6) MBNW: Calvin's deja vu, walking back to hotel / vacuuming during show / MBNW: Mary is missing!! / MBNW: Looking for Mary in a cafe, Bs talk to tour bus driver / HLS: stranded cab driver / MBNW: waiter suggests pastas, Bs order a meal / HLS: lady returning to Brazil / MBNW: Greg at hotel, casting "La Traviata" / HLS: Ronald Reagan / MBNW: Nothing like deja vu!!
7) MBNW: Mary still gone, Greg describes opera to to Bs / Hobby Hut: Carl Dickert, odd-shaped vegetable collector (B&R crack up!!) / MBNW: Mary must be found!! Greg suggests American embassy / Webley Webster on college / MBNW: Greg & Harry discuss opening / roll call / MBNW: The Bs back at hotel, Mary calls!! / Flaming Bombadine meets W. W. / MBNW: Mary's mysterious capture & new hairdo
8) MBNW: Mary arrives, still no rehearsals, more wine / W. W.'s suit / MBNW: curtain time at La Scala, problems / Beg Your Pardon: art theft / MBNW: Act II interrupted / Einbinder Flypaper: summer wear / MBNW: The Bs do well, Greg sings between acts / Kent Lyle Birdley comes in / MBNW: finale, Mary's wardrobe malfunction
Thanks for presenting these!! Enjoy!!
January 30, 2008 Subject: